Monday, September 13, 2010

Wedding Food... the good, the bad, the ugly

Ahh, wedding food... we've all had it. And wished we hadn't! It's a sad fact of life, but most of that "it-cost-them-$50-per-person-for-this?" food is been-done, (shouldn't have been done) and taste-less instead of tastes great.
When I found out Mr. Shelley was going to propose, I immediately started thinking about the food. I knew almost without thinking about it that I would make the food myself. (I've said caviar taste on PB&J budget, right?) I love food, and have always been just about obsessed with it. I never wanted that chicken-or-beef kind of wedding, I wanted food that would be different and personal. I had originally considered doing either a buffet, or family service, but decided on... a tapas reception! (Otherwise called heavy hors d'oureves.)
I just think the idea of having people mingling around, nibbling and picking at different little bites. Next I'll be sharing my so-far menu, and some sites with great tips on DIY catering. And, coming soon... some awesome guest posts from some already-done-that real brides on having your DIY day!

I diy DO,
Shelley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!